Sino sino sino ba?
napa-este ang peste, nagkandaletche-letche   
Thursday, November 09, 2006
Of being identified as "EEDOM"
Most of you may wonder why, why on all names made-up on earth would I choose the name EEDOM.

Well, to tell you the truth it's neither me nor a product of my round the bend, preposterous and mad mind. It isn't a moniker that my close friends just called me on one sunny Monday. It came from the person that you would least expect. Now take a guess. Was it from a teacher? No. A close friend perhaps? No no. Sirit? It came from my mother.

You might probably say that "Lasing ata ang nanay ni Maricon. Bakit niya binigyan ng pangalan na ganyan ang anak niya". Oh for pete's sakes. I thought I was cursed for eternity. When I was younger, I was thinking I had the most disgusting, sordid, names that ever walked on the planet. At first it was still too hard to swallow the fact that I had the name Maricon with me for the rest of my life. I don't know why but for some reason (that up to now is still a mystery) I really hated the name Maricon. If I hated THAT name, how much more for the name EEDOM?

I still would presume that my mother, upon giving the names to me was drunk at that time. If not for me and my curiosity, the mystery would remain unresolved. I will forever question myself. I will perpetually be suffering from hideous monsters of namesville.

*rewind-rewind*

Bakit nga ba Eedom?

February 25, 1990. A true-blooded Filipino would have guessed that this day is a holiday. Now let’s move back to 4 years.

February 25, 1986. Any living Filipino would mark this day as a very important day. It's the day where we celebrate the closing stages of the Marcos regime. It is the day after the famous ex-president Ferdinand Marcos stepped down and dispersed himself to Hawaii.

Now move add another four years.

February 25, 1990. A holiday. And yeah, this day is also my birthday.

So if you still didn’t understand the logical flow of events that I just presented, I might as well tell you why.

My mother (who is a very nationalistic kind of person) thought it would be a rad idea to name her daughter according to the holiday that is celebrated on her daughter's birthday, EDSA 1. Shit no, I wasn't named after the street. DUH. My mother called me Freedom. For freedom was once again reborn on that day. Freedom that was again taken from the Filipino masses was once more retrieved by the People Power. (Yes, ganun niya kamahal ang bansa natin. Pati anak niya dinamay niya sa kanyang mga kabaliwan. Dyok lang mama! AYLABYU!)

Study the word FREEDOM cautiously. Now, slowly, get rid of the first two letters (F & R). Now do what do you see? Yes, it's EEdom.

Some of my mother's close friends still call me Freedom. And yes, I admit it; I still get the heebie-jeebies from people who call me by that name. Now after knowing the real history of my nickname, I am starting to like it and I guess I won't be able to get away from it right? The name's stuck with me through-out my entire life and since almost everyone that I know calls me by that name, there’s no turning back.

Oh save me dear moniker from the realms for the fire!
SALVATION!
posted by eedom / maricon / captain jack sparrow @
Thursday, November 09, 2006
  |


About Me

Name: eedom / maricon / captain jack sparrow
Home: Davao City, Philippines
About Me: Maricon Montajes, 16 years of age. I am from davao city, philippines. 4th year highschool. I love MUSIC- It is my passion and my life. I support OPM bands, pinoy indie bands, filipino artists. Second to music is the beach, i am a water person. I love the outdoor life, snorkeling, and plan to take on scuba diving in the near future. For more me, just dive into my blog and splurge. XD
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Singkamas


Magbigay alam na ika'y dumaan. Plaihug lang. Ringmara Matsalams!


Quick link beybe: http://montajes.cbox.ws

Kamote
Kulangot
Lugawan



Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com



Locations of visitors to this page